The value of the table in the setting of housing is difficult to overestimate. Everyone agrees that this is an indispensable item for creating the interiors of the office, dining room, kitchen, living room. But the appearance, size, shape are already selected individually.
Modern dining or coffee tables do not need additional accessories - tablecloths. Although for some designer styles tablecloth is a desirable detail of the interior.
Glossy table can be considered as a self-sufficient piece of furniture. And the tabletop plays a significant role in this. After all, it is an interesting color that makes the surface of a coffee table an ornament, and high-quality coating does not require special protection. The base and the top layer of the tabletop are made of various materials.
Gloss is the effect of reflecting light from a surface. The more light reflected, the higher the rate. The surface that reflects more than 90% of the light is called high gloss. Furniture manufacturers are striving for indicators of 95-98%. And for this use different materials and techniques.
Shine of technology: brief descriptions of materials, advantages and disadvantages
The demand for furnishings with glossy surfaces is constantly growing, which is not surprising. After all, writing or coffee tables with gloss visually add space and light to the room. Consider whether all reflective and smooth surfaces are the same.
Acrylic plastic is used to decorate MDF / particle board. The glossy layer in this case is glued only on the front side of the table, and the ends are closed with an edge. Through the cracks in the joints, moisture can get onto the base, which can lead to furniture damage. Therefore, some models used aluminum profile.
Advantages: plastic resistance to scratches, bumps, chips. Over time, the surface does not lose its luster and is restored during polishing.
Disadvantages: a small color gamut, you can not use detergents with abrasive additives, low-gloss gloss.
The surface, covered with enamel (varnish), has a high reflectivity. Moisture resistant MDF boards are also used for the base. Stages of production of countertops: the surface is primed, covered with enamel (varnish). After drying, make grinding, polishing. Processes are repeated several times. The final stage is waxing the product. Due to the peculiarities of the technology, not only the front surface of the product is processed, but also the sides, which increases wear resistance and durability. As a result of numerous stages of production, high-quality furniture is created.
Advantages: Possible surface flaws are cleaned by polishing and finishing. Tables are environmentally friendly and perfectly tolerate changes in humidity and temperature. Sophisticated technological processes make it possible to produce furniture of various shades with high gloss.
Disadvantages: high price, traces of touching the hands, it is forbidden to use cleaning compositions with aggressive additives.
If the choice of coverage is difficult to determine, then you can ask for help from specialists who will take into account the wishes, financial capabilities and prompt the best option.
Removing dirt from the surface: methods and rules
The main point when cleaning furniture - do not damage the gloss, that is, try to avoid scratches or stains, so it is better to follow the following recommendations:
- routine care - wiping with a damp cloth and then polishing with a dry soft cloth (so as not to form stains);
- Spilled wine, coffee, tea can just get wet napkins. Then the dining table is wiped with a damp cloth and finally wiped dry;
- permanent dirt, stains are washed with liquid / gel detergents that do not contain abrasives. If the dirt is dried, leave the soapy solution for a while, so that the product is absorbed into the stain. After a few minutes wipe off with a wet cloth. If it was not possible to clean the table with one time, then it is desirable to repeat the procedure;
- wax / paraffin drops are removed with a plastic / wooden spatula (effortlessly). Alternatively, you can cover the stain with a paper napkin, send a stream of hot air from the hair dryer to the spot area and blot the melted wax with paper;
- contamination from paints, varnishes (on solvents) are cleaned with solvents, which are selected according to the recommendations of manufacturers of compounds. The stains are washed with water-dampened wipes;
- drops of glue are removed until it hardens. Stains are washed with a solvent recommended by the glue manufacturer. Traces are removed with wet wipes.
In order not to spoil the surface of the dining table, it is advisable to experiment with the means to accentuate pollution first on its small area.
The range of tables
The practical purpose of products is great: dining, desks for classrooms or coffee (decorative). When choosing a model, the area of the room, its stylistic design are necessarily taken into account.
Dining tables mostly stand on four legs (hollow metal or made of solid wood). On average, the length of a rectangular tabletop is up to 180 cm. It is free to place cutlery for a meal of 4-6 people. As a rule, such products are equipped with modern apartments.
If the room is medium / small in size, then it is preferable to purchase a model with a round / oval table top (on one leg). Glossy surfaces will visually add space, which is important for small spaces.
The advantage of glossy products is the ability to choose a thing for any style of interior. Modern design projects will decorate rectangular and square models with bright plastic surfaces. The classics are perfectly complemented by products with rounded tops and lacquered tops.
To facilitate the maintenance of the surface of the dining table, it is recommended to use individual napkins / tableware racks.
The variety of modern writing tables with gloss is impressive. On the market are models with table tops and supports of various shapes and sizes.
The furnishings of a separate cabinet perfectly complement the classic one-or two-desk desk with drawers. This model is also suitable for arranging the student's working area.
In small apartments, the workplace can be decorated with a rectangular / corner writing desk with legs (metal or wood). From the dining table it is distinguished by the presence of one or two drawers. Glossy computer tables can be the leading elements of the interior. White-and-black models perfectly fit into minimalism or high-tech style.
The coffee table mainly performs a decorative function, it looks easy and beautiful. Thanks to the gloss, it is the main decoration of the interior. On average, the height of products is about 42 cm. Some models are located no higher than 10-15 cm and can be transforming tables (rise in height). The generally accepted pattern: the lower the coffee table, the longer it is.
Gloss gives the tables an aesthetically pleasing appearance, creates a protective and water-repellent layer. And these distinctive features make any type of writing tables or coffee, dining, popular and fashionable.
Recommendations for the selection and maintenance of tables with glossy surfaces
As a rule, the unusual mirror effect of the tabletops delights not only the apartment owners, but also the guests. Gloss for a long time will decorate the interior, if the furniture is right to choose and carefully take care of it:
- for studio apartments, a harmonious combination of a coffee table and a dining table is welcomed;
- when buying, pay attention to the presence of possible defects: the presence of irregularities on the surface, the presence of "grains of sand", scratches, turbulence;
- product edges must not have a visible seam;
- The glossy surface has a non-porous uniform structure that is resistant to many household cleaners. However, one should not “try the patience” of the gloss and use formulations containing aggressive chemical additives (means for the care of toilet bowls / metal surfaces).
Before applying any chemical cleaners, it is necessary to carefully study the recommendations and instructions from manufacturers of compounds.