Durability and reliability of the design, convenient operation and aesthetic appearance are the main qualities that sanitary appliances in the kitchen should have. The mixer for kitchen under a stone fully meets all these requirements.
The artificial stone used to make such mixers is an innovative development that harmoniously combines practicality and quality. The main component of the composition is natural granite (in the form of grains). As additives, a polyurethane resin or an acrylic binder, a coloring component is used.
Manufacturers spend significant funds to improve the formulation and improve the properties and characteristics of products. The optimal ratio of components is 80 to 20 (granite / additives, respectively). All materials are mixed on special equipment under high pressure. Special technologies do not allow the formation of voids in the mixture and guarantee the uniformity of its structure. Coloring pigments are added at the kneading stage, which ensures uniform coloring of the material.
The body of the mixer, as a rule, is made of brass, and the coating can be solid or combined (artificial stone, chrome, brass). The use of ideal proportions, environmentally friendly materials increase the performance characteristics of sanitary equipment made of artificial stone.
- durability is an important quality, as the mixer for the kitchen is constantly used;
- simple maintenance with detergents (not containing abrasive additives);
- special external treatment creates an antibacterial effect and prevents surface cracking;
- resistance to high temperatures and temperature extremes;
- do not fade (keep color even when exposed to direct sunlight);
- not stained when in contact with food dyes;
- resistance to stains;
- A diverse color palette does not contain bright hues, but allows stone devices to harmonize with many popular interior styles.
One of the important principles when choosing appliances to the kitchen - ease of management. Literally, with one finger. Artificial stone structures are equipped with different control systems. The classic version is a two-valve mixer, in which a separate supply of cold and hot water is provided. The power of the water jet and the temperature is precisely controlled by turning the valves, which is an indisputable advantage.
More common and popular models - single lever. They are also called "joysticks" or "ball." The principle of the device is quite simple: the movements of two spherical surfaces control the power of the flow of water and regulate the temperature of the jet. Tight combination does not require an additional seal.
The main advantages of different types
Mixer under the stone - a new unusual attribute of the kitchen. When choosing a model, several important design features must be taken into account.
Spout - part of the device through which water from the mixer is fed into the sink. Its height is determined by the distance from the base of the plumbing to the spout (ranges from 15-25 cm). The product for this indicator is selected individually by each hostess. But we must bear in mind that low spouts impede the washing of large-sized utensils, and at high splashes water is strongly sprayed.
When searching for the optimal solution, the depth of the shell and its shape are necessarily taken into account (some models may have several compartments). The length of the spout is measured as the horizontal distance between the most distant points of the structure.
Spouts can be of several forms:
- L-shaped is characterized by a height of 11-24, length 19-22 cm;
- diagonal differs in height of 12-20 cm, 18-22 cm long;
- arc-shaped is characterized by a height of 22-25 cm, length 20-22 cm.
Spouts are available with a retractable watering can and stationary (pivoting by 120-360 °). The watering can is equipped with a flexible hose up to 140 cm long. A special spring easily pulls in the hose to its normal position. Such a device can be equipped with a mixer made of artificial stone with a spout of any shape.
When choosing a mixer follow the following rules:
- water should not fall on the walls of the sink, but on the bottom or the drain valve. Therefore, short spouts do not put on wide sinks, and long ones are not suitable for narrow sinks;
- water from the spout does not come out at a right angle (except for L-shaped spouts). Models with a high raised nose differ in a significant angle of water drop and are not suitable for washing narrow or shallow.
At installation of the mixer for kitchen from an artificial stone two options of installation are used.
In the surface of the sink
Some manufacturers produce sinks without special holes. The advantage of this option is the ability to independently choose the installation location of the mixer. Installation work is carried out until the sink is installed. In order not to damage the product, it is recommended to use the services of qualified professionals. For work will require a core mill with a diamond coating.
If the manufacturer left special corks in the sink, you can make a hole on your own and install a mixer. Cork knock hammer, and it is important to strike at the center of the label. To facilitate the process, you can use a chisel. Irregularities around the edges are then trimmed with a rasp.
It is recommended to mount the mixer in a tabletop only in exceptional cases. Even the use of moisture-resistant materials does not protect the surface for a long time from water.
Mixer design and shape
The elegance and style of sanitary ware for the kitchen always made a difference when creating the interior. Conventionally, the mixers under the stone can be made out in different stylistic directions:
- classic, retro - the installation of two-valve L-shaped models will add to the kitchen refinement or help to recreate the comfort of past years. Primary colors: white, brown, beige;
- high-tech - the use of diagonal mixers in combination with rectangular sinks emphasize the geometric shapes of the situation. Combined models combining artificial stone and chrome, will make the game of textures in the neutrality of the interior. The main color palette: white, black, gray;
- Modern - installation of arc-shaped devices complete with round sinks (if rectangular or square, then with rounded corners) will perfectly complement smooth interior lines. Models it is desirable to select white or smoky-blurry shades (grayish, beige, light brown). If the whole kitchen is sustained in pastel colors, then you can install mixers of bright colors: green, red, blue.
Recommendations for choosing a mixer
Install a model that is proportional to the sink. This will help avoid splashing water on the tabletop and make washing dishes and products comfortable and convenient.
First, decide on the purpose of the sink: only for washing tableware, fruits, vegetables, or is it planned to serve bulk pans, large containers? Also be sure to take into account the parameters of the furniture and its location.
Palettes from different manufacturers may vary. Common colors are gray, black, green, white, beige, blue, pink, green. The name of the shade is better known from the passport of the product.
The most reliable method of buying a kitchen faucet is complete with a sink. In this case, not only the uniform stylistics of the details will remain, but there will be no differences in technical indicators. As a rule, in the instructions for the products indicated option optimal installation for high-quality work.
Plumbing from natural stone is the benchmark of quality and durability, but high prices significantly limit its demand. Mixers under a stone are worthy analogs of models from natural granite or marble. Today, many manufacturers of plumbing offer a variety of low-end stone models for kitchen equipment with guarantees of reliability and safety of all performance qualities. To cope with the problem of choosing the right option will help consultants in stores.