Corner toilet - the invention of recent years, has not yet become popular among the general population. However, unpopularity does not mean lack of merit. Only a low profile of such a decision.
Corner installation of the toilet has the following advantages:
- Compactness. In a small combined bathroom, where every centimeter is important, the corner toilet is placed in a corner, it has a triangular tank. As a result, a relatively large amount of space is freed up.
- Originality of design. You can choose any design, any color and ideally fit a corner toilet in the design of the room, turning it almost into decoration.
- An opportunity to choose a toilet with a large number of additional functions: from flush adjustment to a hygienic shower.
- Reliability. Corner toilets are no more fragile than ordinary ones. They are able to withstand up to 500 kg of load.
However, to save space and make it beautiful, just buying the first toilet is not enough, you need to choose a comprehensively suitable model.
Main selection criteria
The choice of a toilet bowl is a responsible matter, so you need to figure out what matters in general.
- Material. It depends on him how strong and durable the construction will be.
- Device. It is important to understand exactly how the toilet works, how it communicates with the sewage system, from which side water is supplied to it.
- Design. Because, as the toilet will look, depends, how well it will fit into a specific bathroom.
- Price. It is possible to buy a floor or added corner toilet for 3,000 rubles, or for 30,000 rubles. In any case, it will be a little more expensive than the classic counterparts.
- Additional functions. You always need to know what plumbing can do.
Before you go to the store, it is also important to measure the area of the intended place under the toilet. If it is less than necessary, the installation will be impossible.
In the manufacture of plumbing is not used too many materials.
The most common option and very cheap. It is usually coated on top with enamel, it looks simple, it allows you to choose a color, but it is very unstable to the effect of time - the enamel is worn out under the influence of flowing water, the ceramics are soaked with moisture, and ugly yellow traces remain that cannot be washed. Moreover, the reliability of the whole structure decreases: careless movement can lead to a crash.
Less common due to the general high cost option. It consists of white clay with an admixture of expanded clay and feldspar, serves twice as long ceramics, because with such a base enamel is erased more slowly. Reliable, durable.
Expensive and rare option. Used mainly by wealthy people who want to get a bathroom in the style of techno. It is strong, very reliable and serves longer than earthenware.
It is very rare. The roads are so heavy that it actually does not pay off with absolute reliability.
Marble or natural stone
Very expensive, very pretentious decision, which is used only in houses, appropriately furnished. Heavy, but very reliable material.
The cheapest and richest in color variations is an option, but also the cheapest. Rarely used in urban apartments - more often at the cottages.
The design of the corner toilets differs little from the usual, you can find both an angular toilet with a cistern and an angular toilet-compact. And he and the other can perfectly fit into the design of the bathroom, the main thing is to know how they differ.
As the name suggests, this is a classic version of the location of the toilet bowl on the floor, which can be seen in most apartments. They are:
- compact - in order to easily replace any part of the toilet bowl in the event of a breakdown, the tank is installed separately from the bowl on a special shelf;
- monoblock - the toilet is just molded a single design, which is cheaper, but also to change it, if anything, you have to completely.
Attached corner toilet looks very original, but it will be difficult to install it - the main trick of the design is that the tank is built into the wall. The result looks like a bowl protruding from the wall.
Floor toilet is easy to install with a certain skill and accuracy. With a toilet bowl, you'll have to sweat, but it looks much more impressive.
Corner toilet can be equipped with additional functionality that will make its use even more comfortable. He may have:
- built-in bidet - it can be a simple jet of water, and it can be a massage, equipped with a device for drying and the ability to change the temperature at will;
- built-in lights - it will help to orient in the toilet even at night, its light is soft enough and dim so as not to cut eyes;
- double flush - allows you to control the intensity of the flush and save water, doing a small amount of water where there is no longer needed;
- built-in shower - a tank in this case is equipped with a similarity of a small sink on top, which allows you to quickly wash your hands and significantly save space in a small combined bathroom without installing a separate sink;
- heated seats - this will help not only those who freeze in the winter, but also those who, for health reasons, are harmful to sit on in the cold;
- lifter in the cover will save people who are sensitive to noise, because it allows the cover to fall very quietly.
Of course, without all these functions, you can do without, but then it’s worth tracking that there isn’t in the acquired toilet, because the final price often depends on them.
It is better to entrust an attached corner toilet to be mounted by professionals, but you can also install a regular floor with your own hands. For this you need:
- Remove the old toilet, smashing cement frozen around him;
- To level the floor - the toilet can be put only on a completely flat surface;
- Clean the sewer pipe from sediment;
- Put the toilet on the floor and mark the place of its installation and fixings with a marker;
- Remove the toilet, drill the attachment points and insert dowels in them;
- Carefully put a corrugated pipe on the sewer pipe, combine its second end with the release of the toilet bowl and put it on top of the fasteners;
- Screw the nuts, put the plugs on top - it is not necessary to tighten too much, this can lead to damage;
- Put the drain tank if it is separate - you need to act carefully, combining all the holes and trying not to damage the device inside the tank;
- Dilute the sealant, use it to cover the junction of the sewer pipe with corrugated, as well as the installation place of the toilet bowl on the floor.
When the sealant froze, you can turn on the water and see if there are any leaks. If not, then everything is ready, a corner toilet can be used. If there are leaks, you need to shut off the water again and repeat the smearing with sealant. It is important to remember that water should not be allowed before everything is completely frozen.
Otherwise, the choice, and the installation of the corner of the toilet - a matter that requires more patience than experience or specific knowledge.