The issue of space zoning is relevant for rooms of any size. Designers offer a variety of zoning ideas to make the room comfortable to relax, receive guests, play for children. It is important not to lose the integrity of the entire room.
Main zoning goals
Most often, when zoning a space, several tasks are solved:
- division of the common room into several functional areas. As an option - the visual separation of the bedroom and living room or the separation of the kitchen from the living room;
- allocation of private and common areas. This is especially important when organizing a workplace or allocating space for a children's area;
- changing the functions of the room at different times of the day. It is quite common that a spacious living room turns into a cozy bedroom with a full-sized bed for the night. Naturally, with such transformations, the proportions of individual zones can change.
The main task of zoning is the search for the best option, which created a spectacular interior, comfortable for all tenants to live.
Room zoning methods
Designers offer a variety of zoning ideas. It is noteworthy that some techniques must be borne in mind at the planning stage of the interior, while others can be applied at any time (rearrangement of furniture).
Finishing materials and lighting
As a rule, decisions on the use of such zoning options are made at the design and repair stage.
- When finishing surfaces are used various materials. The most popular wall design ideas are a combination of wallpaper of different textures, patterns. Most often, the walls are covered with plain wallpaper, and the children's or living room areas are distinguished with paintings or patterns. To design a stylish design manufacturers produce wallpaper companions.
- A very popular trick is a combination of different floor coverings (ceramic tiles are laid in the kitchen area, and laminate / linoleum is laid in the rest of the apartment).
- A contrasting color palette can create a vigorous, joyful mood in the kitchen, living room area. Conversely, for the bedroom or work corner a palette of calm tones is selected.
A very interesting idea of zoning in a one-room apartment is the use of various light sources. Thanks to the chandelier, the central part of the room is clearly distinguished. Separate wall sconces and floor lamps help to outline recreation areas, reception of guests, working corners. Thanks to LED strips, you can customize the podiums, shelves and niches.
Small architectural structures
The construction of such elements is also provided for at the design stage of an apartment or during repair:
- False walls are the most effective way to implement zoning of a large one-room apartment. Such drywall constructions are constructed as part of a wall (with free openings or in the form of a narrow narrow wall). Great for highlighting the kitchen area or separating the living room and bedroom;
- Podiums originally solve the issue of zoning and create storage space for things. Exquisitely looks dining area, installed on the podium, which separates the kitchen from the living room;
- arches or columns create a visual border between different zones. Round shapes fit perfectly into the empire and classic style interiors. Solid square columns are more suitable for country style.
Fashion trend - the creation of a podium with a built-in bed. In this case, the structure is upholstered with foam rubber and carpet. It turns out the original combination of functional areas of the bedroom and living room. And the upholstered furniture is not required - just lay out on the podium a few thick pillows.
Furniture placement rules
Practically any piece of furniture can visually divide the space of the room. Designers for this use both built-in / fixed structures, and individual furnishings:
- Upholstered furniture (sofas, armchairs) often allows you to visually select different functional areas in the room. A soft corner sofa, a coffee table on the carpet create a cozy seating area. For the back of the sofa you can place a dining group. The main advantages of this option are: the integrity of the room is not disturbed, the access of natural light is not blocked, different zones are clearly distinguished;
- racks, screens, dressers, cabinets are very popular items. The most convenient way with the help of a rack and a small table to draw out a working area. If you put the rack end to the wall, then on its different sides it is easy to install desktops. This arrangement of furniture is perfect for creating two separate learning places in the nursery. In small separate rooms it makes sense to use racks equipped with end-to-end shelves. In this case, the room does not block the daylight, the room does not look cluttered and there are additional places to store books, small things, souvenirs. It is possible to build a beautiful aquarium in the rack or arrange fresh flowers in pots on the shelves;
- bar counter - the most common furniture visual zoning premises. The best option for small kitchens - wall construction. If the apartment is large, then the optimal choice is a detached two-level counter. In such models, the usual dining table is placed on the kitchen side, and a high bar counter is equipped on the side of the living room.
Partitions and sliding doors allow you to easily and quickly completely divide the room or combine the zones into one. Designers recommend the use of glass cloths to visually place the room does not lose space. Also, such elements of the decor can be a real decoration of the interior (thanks to the painting of canvases, the use of different glass processing techniques).
Zoning options for different rooms
In the spacious living room most often allocate space to accommodate a dining group, a set of upholstered furniture and create a working corner. The zoning ideas of the living room are based on a comfortable arrangement of furniture (facing each other), using decorative floor coverings (a soft carpet is laid in the recreation area), installing shelves, chest of drawers or small cabinets.
The main ideas of zoning the kitchen and living room - installation of the bar, the use of mobile partitions. The most common technique - laying a different floor covering. For the kitchen, ceramic tile / porcelain is chosen, and in the living room the floor is covered with laminate, parquet, carpet.
In an apartment of a modest area, you can apply the original ideas of space zoning with the help of furniture transformer. Most often, folding chairs are used for this, a coffee table, which can be easily folded into a large dining table. A suitable location for a dining group is by the window, next to the kitchen, so that you can quickly and without interference set the table. Non-standard bedroom zoning ideas - installation of a transforming bed. The assembled design can play the role of a resting place with a small sofa or just have the appearance of a narrow low dresser, and a full-fledged sleeping place is created when disassembled. A special advantage of zoning a room with the help of transforming furniture is the alternate operation of several zones on the same square.
The presence of different zoning techniques makes it interesting to experiment with space in the room. And sometimes it is not required to spend money (rearrange the furniture, move the wall sconces).